Monday, July 07, 2014

Introducing My Nerdie Bookshelf

I love reading: this is a thing in the family, since between my wife, our 10 years old son and me our house is really flooded with books.

I enjoyed keeping track of the books I read, both in paper and electronic form, but I never liked to mix my leisure time with my professional reading. Therefore even at home I try to keep separate my technical bookshelf (My nerdy bookshelf) with the other (huge…) ones used to store everything, from gothic novels to italian thriller, from art books to comics.

I enjoy using Anobii to keep track of the “leisure time” books I read and buy, but, for what I’ve said before, I don’t feel like using it for my nerdy reading as well. At the same time, I do really feel the need to write some comments after I’ve read a professional book. That’s why I fancied about reactivating this very neglected blog to start the My Nerdy Bookshelf series of posts. Here I’ll report comments for the technical books I read, mostly related to my present IT profession of Project Manager and Software Architect (Ok, let’s also add Entrepreneur, since I’m an associate of Net7 srl).

I’m going to write these posts mostly for myself and of course if they can be valuable for others I’ll be more than happy. At the same time it’s going to be a personal thing, not a “professional” blogger activity. I’ll report my personal impressions, with humility and honesty: my 2 cents, hopefully with attitude!


No comments: